Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Food Storage Challenge

I know that I have been missing the last couple of months. I also know that I start posts now with things like, "Remember when I used to post regularly and then I stopped?" Well, life really has been crazy. I don't know that it will be less busy the next couple of weeks, but I am hopeful that it will. I miss blogging!

Now to update you: We moved. The plan was perfect. I picked an area I wanted to live, figured out a price range that would make it worth it, and started looking at condos. Then all I had to do was pick the one I liked best. Easy, right? (I wasn't being selfish about places to live. My husband honestly didn't care about where we lived. He just wants me to be happy. He's sweet like that.)

Well, the most important step in that is that we wanted to feel that our choice was ratified by our Heavenly Father. So we kept looking at condos, talking about what we thought and felt, prayed, and moved on if it didn't feel good. The worst part was that none of them were right. I can't even count how many we looked at. I can't count the hours spent online looking at listings and telephone calls made to ask questions. It was a very overwhelming and discouraging process.

So we decided we wouldn't move. Unfortunately, our condo had already been rented to someone else. Well, we found a condo just around the corner. My wonderful husband talked down the rent and we just had to move around the corner. The only downfall is that we lived in a unit that had the garage on the first floor and the living area upstairs and we moved into a unit that is almost identical to that. We had to move stuff downstairs only to move them upstairs. Thank goodness for family! I would have died if we had to move it all alone. Not kidding. The only other weird part is that our new condo is just like our old condo but everything is backwards. It's been crazy getting to know our new place.

Okay, now that you are up to date with the big move, I think it is time again to talk about using our food storage. I really didn't want to move it from one place to another (especially now that I know that we are in an upstairs condo again). I kept it very simple the last couple of weeks because we have spent a lot of time with family. Let me tell you the most important thing I learned.

First, I didn't need to worry about our food storage. I should have worried about kitchen gadgets and BOOKS. Oh, the books. Boxes and boxes and totes full of books. Luckily, they are really light. (Oh how I wish you could see my face and hear the sarcasm dripping off my lips.) It's okay. They make me more smarter. Now moving them makes me more stronger. It's a win-win!

Haha! We are going out of town again this weekend, so I am not even grocery shopping this week. We are eating spaghetti, sandwiches, cereal, and more canned goods. We are starting a new food adventure on Monday. I don't know when I will first blog about it, but it's going to be good. There will be so many more recipes to share with you. I can't wait to start cooking again!

No comments:

Post a Comment