Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Quick Update

I didn't forget about you. I've just been busy. I'm still busy, but I wanted to let you know that I didn't throw in the towel. I still like blogging and still have things to say. Be patient with me. In the meantime, a funny story from last week.

So the day of my last post, the AC in my house stopped working. Completely. I watched in horror as the temperature rose from the standard 72 degrees to 75 then 80 and so on. Luckily, it was the start of a 6 day stretch of outside temperatures in the triple digits. A call was placed immediately to get it fixed. So we waited patiently. Read: Kylee used up all the ice in the freezer so she could try to stay cool. There were several drives in a nice cold car during the hottest part of the day and sometimes at 1 AM because your house shouldn't be 85 degrees that time of night.

My sweet husband decided that he was willing to do anything to help me feel more comfortable. Mostly because he is just that good. I think a little part of it may have been that extremely hot Kylee seems to be a close relative of the Kraken. He brought me bags of ice, planned a date during the day to sit in a cold theater, took me out to eat so I didn't have to cook. He made it bearable.

The coldest it got in my house was 84. The high was a whopping 91. I refused to dry my hair because that just meant more heat. (Go ahead and picture it, Kraken with hair that is dried funny who somehow seemed to sweat ALL day long.) I know it all sounds a bit melodramatic, but I am always hot anyway. I didn't use a coat a single day last winter. I wore a jacket a couple of times, and that was just when it stayed below freezing. That's saying something for Utah.

Luckily, it only lasted Thursday afternoon to Saturday night. It made me extremely grateful for AC and not having to live in a time or place that I would find extremely uncomfortable. Definitely not funny at the time, but I can laugh about it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment