Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Background

I don't know where to start. Do I tell you about my childhood? My dreams? My successes or failures? My fears? I know that blogging gives people a chance to talk openly in a way unheard of before the Internet, but I don't have many secrets. I just have thoughts that need to find a way into the world. As long as I remind myself to keep my posts to the appropriate size and tone, instead of writing a novel, this should be fun.

I grew up in a small town in Idaho with three sisters. It was a pretty amazing childhood. I have supportive, loving parents and grandparents. I was raised in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am still an active member. I teach the 5 & 6 year olds in primary in my ward. I have an ever-evolving relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He is the only source of everlasting happiness. He continues teaching us through prophets and apostles. They will be instructing us next weekend in general conference. It is one of my favorite weekends of the year. Watch and find out why.

I was a nerd growing up: my nose was always in a book. I did all of my homework, cried when I got a grade lower than an A, and learned to expect perfection from myself. That led to a full tuition scholarship after high school. I went to Stevens-Henager College in Logan, Utah. I graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting after 19 months. After that, I did bookkeeping and taxes for more people and companies than I care to count. I moved to a bigger city and helped a start up company off the ground. I was entrusted with the financial well-being of the entire company. That wasn't my dream though.

From the time I was eleven, I knew exactly what I wanted out of life. I wanted to be a wife and a mother. That's it. At 24, I had my degree, great business experience, and no boyfriend. So I decided to follow a different dream. I enrolled in culinary school at Le Cordon Bleu in Scottsdale, AZ. In 9 months, I finished school and an internship with a catering company. I love creating in the kitchen. I love cooking and baking with my family. I love teaching others the things I've learned.

Fast forward to today. I have been married for almost a year and a half. Definitely worth the wait. I married a southern boy who treats me like a queen. He is a journalist for a political magazine and keeps me up to date with things that are going on in our country. He makes me laugh every day. He holds me when I cry and brings me chocolate and ice cream when I get on my emotional roller coaster. Yes. He's perfect.



Now that you know where I am coming from, join me from my happy place: the kitchen. We will be discussing politics, religion, family, food, taxes, and anything else on my mind. Please leave comments and questions as you see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment