Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Photo of the Week: Happy Birthday to ME!

My birthday was on Tuesday. Don't feel bad: you can still send me a present if you want. Just kidding. Just keep reading my blog.

Today I wanted to share with you the first present I asked for this year.


No, not the potato. I just wanted to show you why I wanted duck fat. Have you had duck fat fries before? They are heavenly. Not kidding. Plus duck fat has 18% less saturated fat than butter, and it tastes just as delicious.

I didn't always know about duck fat. I mean who does, right? I guess people who make duck a lot. (Is that a real group or club or something?) Whenever we made duck in culinary school, the chefs would ask us to save our rendered duck fat. I was always so confused by this. What's the point of saving duck fat? Then one of the chefs made us duck fat fries. I was hooked. The end. Seriously though, it enhances the flavor of the potato, gives it a richer taste somehow. I am going to branch out and try it with other foods. I'll let you know what else I think you should make with duck fat. You're welcome.

People have given me the best reaction to this present - you can probably see that exact reaction if you look in a mirror right now. It's priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment