Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday 5: Redbox Duds

I couldn't post about my favorite Redbox movies last week and not share the ones you should avoid. That wouldn't be fair. The majority of this list includes movies that, based on the previews, I was super excited to watch. I hate when movies use all the good lines in the previews and the actual movie is yawn-inducing. Just so you know, this list isn't in any particular order.

1. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - I loved the first Percy Jackson movie so my expectations were pretty high going into this new movie. I didn't like it as well. It seemed slow moving and the writing wasn't that clever. I would say watch it if you want to see the next one just so you get to know the new characters, but don't expect much.

2. Lone Ranger - I was so excited about this movie! It looked so funny and it has Johnny Depp playing an Indian. How bad could it be? The first 3/4 moves so slowly. There were very few funny lines. It was pretty gruesome and Johnny Depp keeps trying to feed the dead bird on his head. It's weird. I started watching this movie one night and got so bored that I turned it off and went to bed. I finished watching it the next day just to say that I'd watched it, but it was rough.

3. Turbo - I love animated movies. I love seeing people share their talents in that way. I was excited about Turbo because it seemed different from other animated shows. (It had the same underdog-turned-winner theme as a lot of movies, but it seemed like they had new ideas to incorporate.) Well, spoiler-alert, they didn't. I actually fell asleep during this movie. I don't fall asleep in movies. If I don't want to watch them, I either turn them off or just force myself to stay awake. That should tell you something. Plus I just kept craving tacos while I watched and my taco place is 25 minutes from my house.

4. Jobs - I wasn't looking forward to this movie. There were some good aspects of the movie. The story was interesting, but I kind of hated Steve Jobs by the end of the movie. I don't like documentaries that do that. Before the movie, I was just grateful that he had something to do with creating my cute phone. Now I feel bad for his family, co-workers, and friends for having to deal with him. So in my mind, I just pretend I didn't watch it and don't know anything about him. It's safer that way.

5. Girl Most Likely  Kristen Wiig is so funny. This is a classic "all the funny parts are in the preview" movie. It was so rough to watch. The story was okay but didn't warrant an entire movie. Maybe a commercial.

(Dis)Honorable Mention: Grown-ups 2 - Not every movie has to have a sequel. Come up with new ideas. The end.

Enjoy your weekend! Come back Monday for one of the most controversial topics regarding health.

No comments:

Post a Comment