Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pasta with Tomato and Brie Sauce

It was hot again today. That being said, I finally found it in me to cook. I have been wanting to try something new lately, so I turned the air conditioner on and cooked as soon as it cooled down enough.

This something new served a couple of purposes. It was easy to make and used up some Brie flavored cheese wedges I wanted to use before we go out of town. (I hate wasting food, remember?) Plus it had cheese in it. I love cheese.

Pasta with Tomato and Brie Sauce
Pick your pasta! (I used thin spaghetti noodles because I had some open. Use a small handful per person.)
1 can diced tomatoes (I used one that had garlic and onion in it. I liked it.)
2 wedges of Brie flavored cheese or 2 oz of Brie
Oregano
Thyme
Parsley

1. Add the can of tomatoes, a pinch of oregano, thyme, and parsley into a saucepan. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes before starting the next steps.


2. Start the pasta in generously salted, boiling water. Cook until just barely al dente. Drain, but reserve the water.

3. Just before the pasta is finished, add the cheese to the tomato sauce. Use an immersion blender to purée the sauce.



4. Combine the sauce and pasta. If it needs more liquid, add a little of the pasta water.



5. Top it with parmesan cheese. (If you are trying to use up other cheeses, add them to the sauce and top. Mozzarella is a good addition, but it definitely wasn't necessary.)


This was a fun experiment that my husband asked me to add to the rotation. That's always a good sign. It was a richly flavored pasta dish. I will definitely make it again. I didn't miss having meat in the dish, but you could add some sausage without taking away from the deliciousness. I regret not making butter dips, but there is always next time. I am planning on making cookies for our road trip, so be prepared for a recipe or two!


No comments:

Post a Comment