Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Record

Provo had a record high today of 94. It's not even mid-May and the temperature is comparable to that of mid-July. Windows and doors have been closed, and the air conditioner was turned on. I was hoping for at least a couple more weeks before that happened. I guess the only good news is the pool is open early. I'll give it another couple of weeks to really warm up the water, but then I will be there every day. Until then, I see a lot of ice cream in my future.

As for food news, you'll be pleased to hear that cooking has all but halted at my house. The heat hits, kraken comes to visit, and so we eat sandwiches. Actually, we are grilling tonight. The perfect steaks I just posted about last. To be honest, this will be the third time since Friday. It is that good. Perfectly seasoned steak with corn on the cob and potatoes of some sort. (Except tonight we are eating carrots instead of potatoes. They are easier.)

I promise I have delicious recipes coming. Now that I am committed to keeping the air conditioner on, it will be easier to cook. We are doing a lot of cleaning out the fridge since we are going on a vacation! I could not be more excited. I will be sure and take pictures and blog as we go so you can enjoy it with us!

That's all for today. Hope you are finding ways to stay cool in these crazy temperatures! If you need ice cream, come on over! I am willing to share... a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment