Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Vacation, Part One

We're on vacation. Well, I am on vacation. My husband still has to work, but he gets to work in different cities. I think that qualifies as vacation. Our first stop was Vegas. I know what you are thinking. I've been complaining about the heat in Utah, and I voluntarily vacation in the desert. There is method to the madness. Trust me.

One of my best friends and her husband live in Vegas (not for long - we're working on moving them closer!) so we've been staying with them. If I had to pick one word for our stay, it would be hilarious. I love that we are in the same place in life and laugh about the same things. We can all make awkward comments and laugh hysterically. It's perfect.

We have had some killer food in the past couple of days. Last time we were in Vegas, we ate at a buffet on the strip. I have a thing about buffets. I hate them. I mean, I like the concept of eating all kinds of different foods until you're super full. However, I'd rather have a single plate of good food instead of 6 or 7 plates of mediocre food. That being said, I've eaten a variety of delicious foods this trip. One of my favorites happens to be one of my favorites in Utah. Cafe Zupas. Try it. It is fresh and light and addicting. They just opened one here. We went to the grand opening. Everything was 50% off. Could there be anything better? Half off some of your favorite foods? The answer is no. If you promise not to judge, I will tell you that I have also eaten a mushroom and Swiss cheese stuffed hamburger, french fries, sesame chicken, fried rice, waffles with Nutella and strawberries and whipped cream, and pork stir fry. Don't worry, it wasn't all at the same time. 

I would like to confess something. I like The Big Bang Theory (no, not the actual theory, the tv show), but I don't understand a lot of what they talk about. About a week ago, I was given a glimpse into their world. My husband owns the first new Star Trek movie. I watched it. Then I came to Vegas, sat in an amazing theater that has super comfy recliners and watched the second one. I am going to be honest with you. I loved it. I understand some Big Bang references now, and I am buying a Star Trek movie so I can watch it again. 

We spent some time in the pool when it was about a million degrees outside. The water isn't heated, and it was perfect. Pretty palm trees, views of a golf course, and an empty pool. I figure I'll take advantage of the sunlight and get a little color. 

I'm torn about the next part of our trip. I get to do two things I've never done before - go to a Major League Baseball game and go to the beach. Super excited about the game and excited enough about the beach, but I have had such a good time in Vegas, I think I will cry when we leave. (Not because it is Vegas- the city has no appeal to me because I don't care to shop or eat expensive food or see shows) I can't wait for my friend to move back to Utah. I am convinced we will be neighbors someday. I feel like we understand each other really well and have a blast!

Not sure when I am going to post about the rest of our vacation or some amazing recipes I NEED to share, but it will be as soon as possible! I'll try to take pictures so you can appreciate the things I talk about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment